Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Contry Mouse and the City Mouse

Did you ever read that story when you were little? About the Country Mouse who went to visit his cousin in the big City and hated it, and then the City Mouse came to the country and hated that? Yesterday, I remembered that I am most definitely the Country Mouse who has no business going to the city.

I had to pick up someone close to me in NJ. Now - you put me on back roads full on animals crossing and coming out without warning and I'm fine with that, and anything past the Thurway (Route 87), and I'm in full-out panic mode. Of course - I don't think it helped that I was short of money (NJ is full of tolls - worse than NY!!), or that it was a holiday weekend.

Well - the panic set in - I could see the city and all the tall building in the distance, the cars were wizzing past (and mad at me for some reason because I wasn't going the speed of light)....I'm trying to read the directions that I printed out and drive all at the same time. I was a nervous wreck!

Well - long story short - I'm very grateful for cell phone. I pulled over, and my adopted brother found me (all in one piece), and I was able to collect the child that I was sent out to get.

Ya know - the city might be great for plays and museums and shops, but I'll take the country any day!

1 comment:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Sounds like it could of gotten sticky there! Glad it all worked out! Agreed regarding the country mouse thing!