Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I so need a vacation!

This has really been a very rough week. It seems that everyone wants something from me all the time and I never have any time to breath. Work is stressful, my private life is stressful, and all that stress is not a good thing for me.

It made me think back to when I went to Brazil. When we were traveling down the Amazon and there were no neverending cell phone calls or texts, no meetings to run to, no errands to run, no computers to input data into. Just the boat, the river and peace.



The above photo was taken while the group I was in was in a canoe. The water was so calm that I was able to get almost a perfect reflextion of the sky.

We were also in a canoe for this photo as well.


Sometimes there is stress in your life and there's nothing you can do about it. I have that now.

So I thought back to a calmer time in my world. It doesn't stop the stress, but it does help me give me some peace right now. Tomorrow will come. And there will be more stressors with it. But I can't let it get to me.


I will breathe. I will relax. I will do the things that give me peace - and I will carry on!

No comments: